Animal Kingdom of Santa Monica, a doggie daycare in Santa Monica, CA, seeks energetic and enthusiastic playroom attendants who love dogs and love being part of a team. Both full-time and part-time positions are available for year-round work.
If this is you, we want to hear from you!!
- I am a patient and true dog lover.
- I am available weekends and holidays.
- I am 18 years or older, can be on my feet most of the day, and am able to lift 40 + pounds.
- I possess a warm, caring, friendly demeanor and a professional appearance.
- I am fearless and can work with dogs of all shapes, sizes, and breeds.
- I possess LOTS of energy.
- I am a patient, mature and confident pack leader.
- I am a team player at heart and can communicate effectively and in a collaborative manner with other team members.
- I want to grow into a leadership position in dog day care.
- I am motivated to help develop the dogs in my care.
- I pay attention to details.
Day Care Attendant
Job Type: Part-time
- Managing a safe play environment for groups of dogs.
- Monitoring dog interactions, behavior and body language.
- Maintaining the safety of the dogs in the playroom and yard and ensure appropriate and safe play.
- Maintaining a clean facility through regular sanitation practices.
- Demonstrate genuine, enthusiastic and cheerful service as you interact with our pet parents and guests.
- Attentiveness is required...this isn't a job for someone who is prone to daydreaming. You must be able to notice any signs that the dogs in your care are sick or in distress, and you must be willing and able to address and communicate your concerns immediately.
- Record keeping.
- Ensuring water bowls are always clean and regularly replenished
- Proactive parasite control and monitoring, including regular flea and tick checks, facility treatment.
- Occasional bathing duties.
- Scheduled feeding duties.
- Confident and patient leadership. We never use physical punishment with any dog and require people who can use our tried and true methods to manage dog behavior without resorting to mistreatment or growing frustrated.
- Communicate well and collaborate with other attendants, supervisors, and customers.
- Previous group care, training, or formal education in dog behavior is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Outstanding customer services
- Addressing customer needs, questions and concerns
- Customer education
- Greeting all customers
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Maintaining a clean store
- Cash Management
- Product knowledge of pet supplies
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of cash registers and POS system
If you wish to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.